Without thinking a whole lot, here are ten books that have stayed with me/changed my perspective. Not in any particular order.
1. Song of the Lioness Series by Tamora Pierce (can I just include all of her books?)
2. MacBeth by William Shakespeare
3. Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall
4. Almost all American Girl Doll books that I grew up on (whoever their author was…)
5. A Woman in Berlin by Anonymous
6. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
7. Creators on Creating Edited by Frank Barron, Alfonso Montuori and Anthea Barron
8. 1984 by George Orwell
9. Night by Elie Weisel
10. Still Alive by Ruth Kluger (no matter how much I kinda dislike her…hate is a strong word for someone who taught me a lot and challenged my thinking)
Yes, I stole this from Facebook, it was going through my Book Club peeps, but I wanted to bring it to Tumblr and see what kind of reactions I’d get from my friends here. No need to tag people, just reblog and do it if you’re interested.